Follow our journey as we follow God's plan for our life...

We know we want to serve God in China by working with the orphans there. Where exactly we will be led is unknown for now!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why did this one hurt?

Ethan is a sweet little boy that we met while we were at Shepherd's Field. He is an obvious favorite of the workers and volunteers there! When the work day is done, the workers go around to visit the kids and Ethan is always one that gets held :) I fell for him too... he is so cute, and sweet, and cuddly :). He is one of the boys I put in my very first post!


Shepherd's Field is the "foster home" for the kids that are there. The kids are still legally in the custody of their orphanges, and can be taken back at any time. According to a post on facebook last night by Sara, one of the workers at Shepherd's Field... This is what is happening to Ethan this weekend, as well as a little girl (Sharon). Their orphanage is taking them back! Sara received TONS of comments in regards to her post!! "So sad" and "I am praying for their adjustment" posts. When I read her post I immediately got tears in my eyes about this, so I was one of the ones who commented.

I guess the orphange is expanding, and adding local foster families. They don't have enough kids to fill all of the spots, so they are taking the kids that already have homes back. It doesn't make sense to me, but I guess it does to them. At least they will be in foster homes...hopefully.

I know that Ethan has been at Shepherd's Field for at least a year, so since he was a small baby. This is the "home" and "family" that he knows! I worry about how confused he will be, how he will adjust, how will he be treated? I pray for God to watch over both him and Sharon, as the learn to live their new life.

But here's what got me thinking... Why did this one hurt so much? Why did this post on facebook get so many comments? There are THOUSANDS of kids in orphanges in China without forever homes. Why did this happening to this little boy, and Sharon, get so much sympathy? A few hours later, Sara posted this to her facebook wall....

Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."
~~David Platt



So, so very true.

Please pray for Ethan and Sharon as they move to their new "homes" this weekend...

Ethan

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment